We invite you to join Almono and the Hazelwood Initiative on Saturday the 14th to learn about what is happening on the Almono site and in the Greater Hazelwood neighborhood. Throughout the day, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Pedal the site on the Pittsburgh Party Pedaler.
- Help us dream up and define the site's first public space.
- Take a ride down a giant, inflatable slide / obstacle course.
- Learn about what and who is happening on the Almono site.
- Check out an Uber self-driving car that will be on display.
- Learn about and see demos of the Uber / Center of Life STEM program.
- Listen to live music by the Center of Life Jazz Band in the morning, followed by The KRUNK Movement in the afternoon.
- Engage and follow-up with the Greater Hazelwood Neighborhood Plan folks, after the Our Hands. Our Plans. meeting on October 12th.
- Be there for Almono updates and announcements.
- Enjoy lunch by Fat Rai's, sponsored by the Hazelwood Initiative.
- Check out the new artwork on the Uber fence at Gloster and Tecumseh Streets @11am.
- Navigate and make your way through a scavenger maze.
If you plan on attending, please RSVP to the event through Eventbrite.
A Few Notes About Logistics: Event is rain or shine. Activities will be outdoors, so dress for the weather, however engagement activities will be under the big tent. The event will be held on the new, nearly complete roadway on the site. There will be a drop-off area at the main entrance to the event - Gloster Street and Hazelwood Avenue. However, there will be very limited parking on the site, so please consider alternative modes and/or carpool - bus, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, etc. (we will have plenty of bike racks available). Finally, please use caution when crossing the railroad tracks at Hazelwood Avenue, despite its infrequency, it is an active rail line.
A shuttle will be providing hourly service to the event and from the event. See route and time schedule below.